TFS Build

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
May 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I am trying to build a project with this extension using TFS. I have installed the Framework on the TFS build  machine, but get the error:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets (1667): Could not find SDK "Microsoft.Metro.PlayerFramework.Xaml, Version=1.1".

Is there an extra step to get this to work?

May 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Great question, unfortunately I'm not sure what the best way to set up a build server where your builds are for Win8 Metro apps that require various SDKs. I'm assuming this is not specific to the player famework SDK and therefore something that you might be able to get more assistance with on the Win8 Metro Style app forum.

May 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

It turns out that there are several ways in which SDK extensions can be referenced. By default when you install the Media Player Framework the DLLs are installed in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs,  which is fine for local development but MSBuild in TFS doesn't find them.

If you move the DLL's to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs then MSBuild picks them up.

May 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I just wanted to let you know that the next release of the player framework will install to the global location (which will eliminate the need for the step in the future).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!