XAML parse error running on Surface RT, works fine on Windows 8

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Jan 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM

My app stops when debugging on the SurfaceRT and using the adaptive plugin. The annoying thing is that this worked yesterday and I haven't changed any code since then :-/. I have cleaned the solution, restarted the SurfaceRT and still no success. It just won't load the XAML page with the mediaplayer. 

Running in Simulator and on Windows 8 works fine. 

When I add the adaptive plugin in code and not in XAML I get a COM exception.

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in Microsoft.AdaptiveStreaming.winmd
Additional information: The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

Relevant parts of XAML: 

xmlns:mmppf="using:Microsoft.PlayerFramework"    xmlns:adaptive="using:Microsoft.PlayerFramework.Adaptive"

<mmppf:MediaPlayer AudioCategory="BackgroundCapableMedia" AutoPlay="False" x:Name="CommentariesPlayer" Source="http://mediadl.microsoft.com/mediadl/iisnet/smoothmedia/Experience/BigBuckBunny_720p.ism/Manifest" MediaFailed="CommentariesPlayer_OnMediaFailed">            <mmppf:MediaPlayer.Plugins>                <adaptive:AdaptivePlugin />            </mmppf:MediaPlayer.Plugins>        </mmppf:MediaPlayer>

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
The Smooth Streaming team is investigating this issue. For now, please run your app in release mode (be sure to still target ARM) to get around the problem.