Hi to all,
I got my app consuming using Smooth Streaming in the last few days using the Entertaiment theme. When I use the "round marker" to "seek" the video to a new position seems to not perceive the change of position and after half a second is
restored back to the original position. The video is not interrupted during this operation at all.
If I "click" directly on the timeline the seek works fine so I think there could be some kind of problem in the Entertaiment theme itself.
If you want to reproduce the problem:
- download the sample project
- open EntertainmentAppPage.xaml sample
- substitute the vod adaptative streaming url (from Adaptative\SmoothPage.xaml sample) to one of the listed mp4 in the EntertainmentAppPage
- add the Adaptative plugin (and relative reference to the xaml)
<mmppf:MediaPlayer x:Name="player" Grid.Row="1" IsSkipPreviousVisible="True" IsSkipNextVisible="True">
- now drag the "round marker" to the middle of the timeline and drop immediately and you will see the problem. The videos simply does nothing and the marker after half a second will be positioned in the "old" position.
PS - If you drag the "round marker" and "wait" 1-2 seconds the seek seems to be working fine.
Feb 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Hello, this issue is due to the MediaElement honoring older seek requests and ignoring newer ones until the older one has completed. Fortunately, we now have a workaround that will be included in the next update. If this issue is blocking you from release
please contact me directly and I will work with you to find a near term solution.