Windows Phone 7 support

Topics: Windows Phone 8
May 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Why windows phone 7 not supported?
I found some wp7 project in sourdes and try build it for wp7 target.
With little fixes it almost work.

I see that projects refference to Microsoft.Bcl.1.0.11-beta and Microsoft.Bcl.Async.1.0.12-beta which beta. But currently Microsoft.Bcl.1.0.19 and Microsoft.Bcl.Async.1.0.16 available and stable as i know.

I want support at least Windows phone 7.5.
And be cool if wp7 and wp8 versions have minimum differences.
Little problems with UI (play button looks bad and seekbar not move) but i think it not hard to fix.

So why not?
Jun 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I fix most issues what found in wp7 branch and create pull request

Would be very cool if its merged and we can use same player for wp7 and wp8 builds.
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM
That is fantastic! Thank you for helping work on this. We started the work on the WP7 version but it hasn't been completed. It should have been very close (as you discovered) and our intention of publishing it to a branch in git was in hopes that some awesome community spirited dev like yourself might contribute -- or at least provide you with a head start for a custom WP7 version.

I will definitely check this out and at the very least, merge with our branch if all looks good.

Nice work, Tim
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
fyi: I just updated the WP7 branch with some changes in the pull request as well as some of my own. The new branch should provide a fully operational version for WP7 but has not been thoroughly tested yet. Also, it does not require the Segoe Symbol font and uses path glyphs instead (compliments of Blend's TextBlock to Path feature).

Thanks again for your help and please let me know if you discover any issues.
Jun 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Thanks a lot!

I'm also looking forward to be able to remove the older silverlight framework from the wp7 apps and use the same framework for the wp7 and wp8 versions of my apps. Great work so far.

Just tested the WP7 branch commit d509439c0d3f

Noticed the following:

The time line slider slider does not react when you tap on it, the video is not forwarded in time according to where you tap on the time line.