How to set the duration for VOD

Topics: Windows Phone 8
Jun 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Hi There,

Here's my situation : There is a Smooth Streaming type vod media file on server, and it's duration is 1:00:00 hypothetically, how can I just play the 0:20:00 to 0:40:00 part? and the progress bar shows 0:00:00/0:20:00? As long as I know the Duration property is read only.

Platform: Windows Phone 8

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM
We don't support this feature out of the box but you should be able to get it to work with a little effort by implementing IInteractiveViewModel and setting it to MediaPlayer.InteractiveViewModel. This gives your implementation control over how the timeline behaves and allows you to overwrite duration, ...etc

You'd also want to set MeidaPlayer.StartupPosition to get playback to start at 0:20:00 and use Markers to detect when playback reaches 0:40:00.

I realize this is a brief answer so please let me know if you pursue this and have any questions.
Jul 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM
timgreenfield wrote:
We don't support this feature out of the box but you should be able to get it to work with a little effort by implementing IInteractiveViewModel and setting it to MediaPlayer.InteractiveViewModel. This gives your implementation control over how the timeline behaves and allows you to overwrite duration, ...etc

You'd also want to set MeidaPlayer.StartupPosition to get playback to start at 0:20:00 and use Markers to detect when playback reaches 0:40:00.

I realize this is a brief answer so please let me know if you pursue this and have any questions.
Sorry for taking so long time to reply, and thank you so much. I realize that you just release a new version(v1.3 beta), I'll try this on that. And Kind of hope you guys may add this feature in recent versions.