i use media platform for my app in windows 8 store i am looking to change the player

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Jul 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I just use this code for playing video

<mmppf:MediaPlayer x:Name="media1" Margin="0,0,0,0" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.RowSpan="2" IsSignalStrengthVisible="True" />

i want a player style design which is in the home tab

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Please refer the documentation page on applying themes. The short version is: you just need to add a few extra lines of xaml to your page:

<ResourceDictionary Source="ms-appx:///Microsoft.PlayerFramework/themes/EntertainmentTheme.xaml"/>
Jul 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM
ya thank it works but the audio slider is missing ,is there any way to get it back to on this theme
Jul 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Typically, most apps don't want the volume button & slider to show by default in the media player so it is not present in this theme.

In most cases apps choose to either:
1) Leave it out entirely and rely on the Windows char bar and hardware volume buttons to facilitate this.
2) Add it to your app bar. To do this, you can add a little xaml to your app bar:
<mmppf:VolumeButton ViewModel="{Binding InteractiveViewModel, ElementName=player}"/>
Alternatively, you could copy the xaml for this theme and ship a modified version with your app with the volume control added in.
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Hi timgreenfield ,

The content provided for the player framework is very useful.Thanks for it.

I have a doubt regarding the seek bar .

The seek bar which is used in the <ResourceDictionary Source="ms-appx:///Microsoft.PlayerFramework/themes/EntertainmentTheme.xaml"/>

How can I use only that Seek bar to my Default Media player framework ??

Thanks in advance.

Akash Vijay Solanki
Oct 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Hi Akash, I'm not sure I understand the question but if you're trying to wire up a separate instance of the Timeline control instead of default instance, you can add it to your Xaml page via something like this:
<mmppf:Timeline ViewModel="{Binding InteractiveViewModel, ElementName=player}"/>
Hopefully this is what you are looking for,

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Hi timgreenfield ,

I didnt want to create a separate instance of the timeline. Instead i wanted to use the same timeline but the bubble which is available in timeline for entertainment theme to the default theme's timeline.

I wanted to add the bubble to the default mediaplayer frame work theme
Also find attached a file which would explain my doubt more clearly.

Thanks in advance ,

Akash Vijay Solanki
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Hi Akash, at a high level, you will need to take the default xaml and modify it to use the Timeline.SliderStyle that is used in the entertainment theme xaml. You can then remove any unchanged styles.

When you're ready to use it, you can reference it in your app.xaml:

Styles that define common aspects of the platform look and feel
                    Required by Visual Studio project and item templates
                <ResourceDictionary Source="Common/StandardStyles.xaml"/>
                <ResourceDictionary Source="CustomTheme.xaml"/>

<!-- Application-specific resources -->

<x:String x:Key="AppName">Microsoft Media Platform Player Framework Xaml Samples</x:String>
Here's something I threw together to give you a head start. You'll probably need to do more work to get everything just the way you want it.