Playing advert causes several exceptions

Topics: Windows Phone 8
Jul 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Hi,

When trying to play ads using VMAP, in some instances it throws exceptions. It is always on one video asset.

After ad has played:
OutOfMemoryException

These seem to happen when i interact with the player while it is playing an advert:
ExecutionEngineException

VFW_E_BADALIGN
0x8004020E

DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR
0x887A0020

Have any of these been seen before?
As I said its always on the same advert that it breaks, never on any of the other ones. Could this be an issue to do with the ads encoding?

Thanks,

Josh
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I suggest trying on a different PC to see if you can rule out the video driver. (preferably on with a different brand of graphics card if possible). Also, if you want to send me the vast or ad URL I can give it a try.
Jul 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We have tried the asset on two separate devices. A Nokia 520 and an HTC 8S, both have the same problem.

I will need to check with our client first before I can send anything to you. Is there a way I can send it to you privately?

Thanks,

Josh
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Ah, sorry. I was thinking this was Windows 8 and didn't realize it was for WP... my driver/graphics card idea probably didn't make much sense then :) But thanks for ruling out a device specific issue.

My guess is that the asset it simply not supported on WP. However, the player framework should trap for the error and move on. Could you try to load the ad video directly in a test app using a MediaElement and look to see if MediaFailed fires. This is how the player framework tries to detect errors.

Regards,

Tim