Multi Angle

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Hi, there is anyway to do the multi angle with MMP?
i need to play 5 synced video (4 + main)
in SMF that was working great
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Unfortunately we don't have built in support for multi-cam in the Win8 version like we did in the SL5 version.

However, at the heart of the feature is simply creating multiple instances of the player framework -- each loaded with their own stream. Then, you'd need to write code in your app to keep the 2 instances in sync. This would be done by monitoring the position of the 2 players and seeking on the secondary player when it falls outside a threshold (e.g. 1.5 seconds).

SMF also restricted tracks in the secondary window to keep it from using high resolution tracks (which would compete with the main player). This should no longer be needed since the Win8 player framework automatically restricts tracks based on the size of the media player.
Sep 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
GianlucaCucco wrote:
Hi, there is anyway to do the multi angle with MMP?
i need to play 5 synced video (4 + main)
in SMF that was working great
Hello,

Hello,

We are running into a issue of "Multi Angle" in SMF player. I read your THIS (https://playerframework.codeplex.com/discussions/455582) thread. You are able to play 5 synced video (4 + main). That's awesome for me.

I'm trying to play 2 synced video (1 Audio+1 Video). I'm using PIP (SMF's Heuristic) for this task, but unfortunately it's not working fine for me.

Actually I want to play the extra audio (say audio commentary) with my ground audio+video. My audio feed is starting 0-5 seconds back from the main feed. So always I have to manage it. I edited the Heuristic's code and added a variable to manage it.

My overall experience is very bad.

I want your help to solve my problem. How you are managing 5 feeds?

Please help me.

Thanks
Dev