localise+folder+player+framework problem

Topics: Windows 8 JavaScript
Oct 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM
hi ;-)

I am new to this, just starting out trying to make a windows 8 app javascript for teaching, i am working in china teaching kids English and using the interactive boards in the class with their programs. I think i can make something better haha i have lots of ideas but finding the code a bit hard. i have made a simple app with pages i have too links to a blank page 2 and a page 3 with video what i want is for when i click the page 3 link for the video to open in full screen and then go back to the main page. so far i have the player open up with click buttons that dont do anything. i think i have to register them but dont know where ? is it possible i can email my project to you and you fix it and tell me what you done? i will pay for the service if you like ;-) or you can try to explain on hear ?

many thanks

hope to hear from you soon

paul.g
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2013 at 1:19 AM
To start the player in fullscreen mode you can set isFullScreen: true in the HTML. For example:
<div data-win-control="PlayerFramework.MediaPlayer" data-win-options="{
    width: 640,
    height: 360,
    autoplay: true,
    isFullScreen: true,
    src: 'http://smf.blob.core.windows.net/samples/videos/wildlife.mp4'
}"></div>
To navigate back when the video end, you can add an eventlistener to the "ended" event and programmatically navigate back from that event.

Hope this helps.
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Hi tim

thanks for the quick reply

every thing works great except

isfullscreen: true,

when i click on the page3 link it takes me to a smaller sized screen the autoplay works fine. i can add a click button to make it go fullscreen but i want it to be automatic.?

also how do i play a file from my pc and not (https) i cant find the code anywhere. ?

and i didnt quite understand what you ment (you can add an eventlistener to the "ended" event and programmatically navigate back from that event.)

what i want is the app to automatically go back to the home page after the video ends. ?

if i pay you $ will you be my tutor becaus im sure i will have a lot more questions soon. i have so many ideas but not enaugh knowledge ha ha

many thanks

paul g