EntertainmentTheme.xaml on Windows 8.1

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Nov 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
The file is not in xbf format so is no longer possible to add it to the project for further customization, how do i get it?
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Here's a link to the xaml file source code that you can add to your project and manipulate.

Let me know if this is not what you were looking for.
Jun 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Hi tim,
I am trying to add entertainment theme xaml that you mentioned above (in universal app) but I get compilation errors. example error is:
Error 2 The name "SkipPreviousButton" does not exist in the namespace "using:Microsoft.PlayerFramework"
Jun 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM
@Jack312: Same thing happens to me now. How did you solve this?
Jun 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I haven't spend time on this. still not sure how to fix it.
Jul 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Same thing here. It is just not possible to reference the xaml and switch on entertainment theme.
Jul 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I could solve the problem (kinda) by using an older version of the Player Framework. What I understand is that they have changed the layout and there were NOWHERE for me to find the new version of the entertainmenttheme.xaml to change it for my themes. The documentation was pretty old and the .xaml file linked above is not updated for the new 2.0 version. I am very much disappointed to see this but if you want to manually edit the theme, I think there's no way you could find the xaml file.

If anyone found the update file, please let us know where it's at. Thanks.
Jul 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM
@alirezanoori: Are you looking for Entertainment.xaml in the Themes folder of the Universal.Xaml.Core project?
Jul 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM
@mattiassjogren: I'm sorry I cannot find it. Could you post the link? Thanks.
Jul 9, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Really? Go to the Source Code tab on this page, select the "universal" branch in the "Browsing changes in" dropdown list. Navigate to Universal.Xaml.Core > Themes in the source tree.
Jul 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM
@mattiassjogren :
OK. Found it. Thank you. I didn't look at the Universal branch.
I updated the library and the theme file and it compiled. However, when I play a video, the pause button is not working for some reason. Do you know why? Also, I checked, the default theme isn't working either so it's not related to theme.
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I was able to apply custom theme too. I also noticed that play/pause button is disabled. I will spend some time tonight looking into it.
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM
ok fixed it! now play pause button is enabled and working as expected. I was using custom InteractiveModel. I had to create dummy instance in App.xaml to fix the issue.

here is what I added to App.xaml
<Application.Resources>
    <local:CustomInteractiveViewModel x:Key="customInteractiveViewModel" />
</Application.Resources>