how to play fragmented videos

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Dec 23, 2013 at 3:53 AM
My app needs to play a list of fragmented videos from internet. I can make it "work" by using a playlist. However, there is one issue with this approach. Each video is independently played, it looks like playing multiple videos. I am looking for a solution which "combine" the fragmented videos and play likes there is only ONE. Duration can be perfectly reflected and so as current position.
Also, could someone please help pointing me some plugin or library which can help downloading, meaning, if there are two fragmented videos need to play, is there a way to downloading both of them while playing the first one?
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM
One approach would be to use the MediaStreamSource feature (new to Windows 8.1). This allows you more low level control over what the MediaElement plays and could theoretically be used to stitch together multiple videos so they appear as one. Note: I believe the format of the videos will need to be similar for this to work.

Also, I have not personally tried this so I'd love to hear back on whether or not you have success if you should choose to pursue this.