Show Poster centered

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Apr 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Hi,
I'm using the PlayerFramework on Windows 8.1 and I'm using a modified version of the EntertainmentTheme.xaml. Whenever I set the PosterSource to the album art of the media file, it gets stretched. I was wondering if I could change this. I want it to be shown at the center of the image (100%) of its size and ideally, if it's bigger than the screen, it should shrink down to fit the screen size. Is this possible? I couldn't find any property for this :(
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM
The poster is actually displayed by the MediaElement so I think it would be affected by the Stretch property. Otherwise, there is almost no control over this unfortunately. However, you could always display the poster yourself using an image element. The easiest way to do this would be to grab the PosterPlugin that is available for WP8, add it to your Win8 project and add it to the MediaPlayer.Plugins collection. I haven't tried it but I think it should offer a good starting point for displaying the poster outside of the MediaElement and offer you all the control you want.