IDownloaderPlugin and DASH

Topics: Windows 10 UWP
Sep 10, 2015 at 2:39 PM
I notice that when I use a no-op IDownloaderPlugin (one that just does straight web requests) with a DASH video, the content fails to play back. Upon reviewing the sample code, I notice that the other DASH IDownloaderPlugin implementations in sample code actually transform DASH to Smooth before feeding it back to the media element.

Is this some built-in limitation of the media element? Or do I misunderstand something? Seems rather bizarre on first glance, since my DASH content works just fine if I do not use a downloader plugin in between.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Not a limitation but rather a means to use a common adaptive playback "pipeline".
Sep 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM
I am having the same problem. If I try to play a DASH stream without the IDownloaderPlugin enabled it plays fine. Can you point me to the sample code that is doing this transformation?
Sep 26, 2015 at 11:12 PM
ibennett wrote:
Not a limitation...".
Having the same issue here. We are trying to move from Smooth to DASH, but content fails when using IDownloaderPlugin.

ibennett, our application highly relies on the IDownloaderPlugin -- Since DASH is the way to go now, can the team take a look to see if this can be fixed, please?
Sep 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I cant find any DASH examples that implement IDownloaderPlugin.

Were you talking about the transformations here:
http://playerframework.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Universal.WinRT.AdaptiveStreaming.Dash/Dash/DashDownloaderPlugin.cs
Nov 18, 2015 at 1:46 AM
I still cant find the sample DASH IDownloaderPlugin that you are talking about. Can someone please point me to it?