HTML5 Player Framework - Preview 2
- HTML5 Player Framework Preview Examples - This is a set of examples showing how to setup and initialize the HTML5 Player Framework Preview. This includes examples of how to use the Player Framework with both the HTML5 video tag and Silverlight player.
- Note: Be sure to unblock the zip file before using.
- Note: In order to test Silverlight fallback in the included sample app, you need to run the html and xap files over http (e.g. over localhost).
- Silverlight Players - Visit the Silverlight-based Player Framework 2.6 Downloads page to download the two pre-built players that include support for IIS Smooth Streaming and Progressive Download.
This is a preview release of the new HTML5 Player Framework
- This release is not meant for production use and may contain bugs or performance issues.
- The hosted Silverlight .xap files referenced in the samples are not meant for use on other sites and the links will change.
- This framework is associated with the Silverlight-based Player Framework. We are in the process of migrating the Silverlight version over to this project site.
Features new in Preview 2
- Playlist support
- Accessibility compliance
- See the Features page for a comprehensive list
- Windowless mode currently required with Silverlight player to use overlayed HTML/CSS controls
- Control strip shows in mobile phone browsers after exiting full screen
- Issues with recovering videos in iOS after hiding them (e.g. videos in tabs)
- Timeline markers are partially blocking the clickable area of the timeline
- Setting width and height of the video are required
- Closed captions
- More configurable options
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.