This release is compatible with the version of the Smooth Streaming SDK released today (10/26). Release 1 of the player framework is expected to be available next week.
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES
- IMPORTANT: List of breaking changes from preview 6
- Support for the latest smooth streaming SDK.
- Xaml only: Support for moving any of the UI elements outside the MediaPlayer (e.g. into the appbar). Note: Equivelent changes to the JS version due in coming week.
- Support for localizing all text used in the player framework
- New samples
- Suspend & resume sample code
- Support for light theme
- Misc improvements to TTML captions. (Significant performance improvement to caption parsing in JS version).
- During PlayTo, visual state is now consistent with with video tag
- Fix for FreeWheel midroll scheduling
- User agent now supplied for ad related requests
- Other misc improvements and fixes
Smooth Streaming Client SDK for Windows 8 ApplicationsMicrosoft PlayReady Client SDK for Windows 8 Applications