Player Framework Documentation
Getting Started Guides
"How To" Examples
The examples linked below are available for download in a zip file for use in your local environment:
HTML5 Player Framework Examples
- Basic Declarative Usage
- Demonstrates the basic declarative usage of the Player Framework using existing DOM elements.
- Fallback Scenarios
- Demonstrates two fallback scenarios - one using HTML5 video as the primary experience with Silverlight as the fallback and another using Silverlight as the primary experience with HTML5 video as the fallback. Fallback is simulated to demonstrate the functionality.
- Demonstrates implementing a playlist using an array of media file references. Displays the playlist using the included playlist control.
- Media RSS Playlist
- Demonstrates implementing a playlist using a Media RSS feed. Displays the playlist using the included playlist control.
- Timeline and Chapter Cues
- Demonstrates implementing timeline cues (timeline markers) and chapter cues using the cues initialization options and API. Displays timeline cues on the control strip timeline and allows for navigation of chapters using chapter navigation buttons.
- Closed Captions (TTML)
- Demonstrates implementing closed captions using an external TTML file. The TTML file is parsed according to the
W3C specification and the captions are displayed as the video plays.