Getting Started Guide
Player Framework for Windows Phone 8 applications
1. Make sure you have installed the
Windows Phone SDK 8
2. Install the Visual Studio Extension SDK (Microsoft.PlayerFramework.WP8.vsix) by double clicking on the file.
3. Create a new project using Windows Phone Application templates for C# or Visual Basic.
4. Add 'Microsoft Player Framework
' to your project references. Under References --> Windows Phone --> Extensions
5. Add the PlayerFramework namespace to your xaml file.
6. Optional: While you can play videos in portrait mode and have the player co-exist with other chrome on your page, it is often a better experience to fill the page with your video and use landscape. Therefore, for this demo we recommend:
- Remove all xaml inside the LayoutRoot Grid tag
- Set shell:SystemTray.IsVisible="False"
- Set SupportedOrientations="Landscape" Orientation="Landscape"
7. Add the MediaPlayer control that is part of the PlayerFramework namespace to the body of your Xaml file and set the source to a valid url. For example:
That's all you need to get started. Run your app and see video player using the Player Framework. There is an extensive API as well as optional plugins to help customize the experience to the needs of your app.
<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="Transparent">