Regarding the .xap files in the playerframework

Topics: HTML5 web
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Hi,

Is there anything special about these .xap files that're provided with the playerframework?

If I were to build my own .xap file(using SMF 2.6) and and use it to override "source" parameter as done in fallback.html, would it work?

Is there any guideline for building my own .xap file? 

thanks,

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM

The .xap files provided with the HTML5 Player Framework examples are the same .xap files available at http://smf.codeplex.com/releases/view/76103.

Yes, you can build your own .xap file using SMF 2.6 and use that instead.

As far as guidelines for building your own .xap file, just download the source, make desired changes, and rebuild. It is the same source that the pre-built players are built from.

James

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hi,

I try to build my own .xap using the 2.6.1 bin files downloaded from http://smf.codeplex.com/releases

I'm using javascript to create the video player in the dom.

First of all I have some issue to set the xap file source... I don't like it but I resolved renaming my silverlight app in SilverlightPlayer.xap and putting it in the xap dir. How can I solve this problem in a better way (maybe using the javascript player constructor)?

Now I can see the silverlight player but there's the html spinner continue running and the html/javascript control bar don't appear (I can see the standard control bar in the smfplayer). How can I do to have my own rebuilded xap using the javascript framework/css?

thanks,

Manuele 

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

About the second question, I looked into the .xap prebuilded used in the example and find that the entry point is Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Players.SmoothStreaming so I downloaded source code and looking in the App.cs of the Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Players.SmoothStreaming project and I found that SMFPlayer is a child of the RootVisual.

My approach instead was to use a MainPage as a child of the RootVisual App and use the SMFPlayer as a child of the root grid of the MainPage.

Maybe is this the problem?