If I start watching a video and scrub from beginning of the programme to part four say The player will insist on playing all unplayed scheduled adds before I can watch the desired section

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM
If I start watching a video and scrub from beginning of the programme to part four say The player will insist on playing all un-played scheduled adds before I can watch the desired section.

I set up my ads using the AdScheduler plugin. If I have a 60 minute show with mid-rolls scheduled at 15, 30, 45 minutes, if I start the show from the beginning and scrub the time line to 50 minutes, the ad system will play the mid-roll schedule at the 15 minute time, the video will resume at 15 minutes into the show. Currently to get to the desired 50 minute point I have to scrub to the 50 minute point 3 times, each time the adsheduler will play the next unplayed mid-roll and resume the video at the mid-roll cue time.

Feedback from our users on other platforms suggests that they do not want to be forced to watch 3 commercial breaks in order to get to watch the last 10 minutes of a show. the typical behavior we have been forced to adopt on other platforms is that, if a user starts the video (and after the pre-roll has completed) they will then scrub the timeline to the 50 minute point in the time line (using the example above) what the expect is that only the advert scheduled at the 45 minute cue-point will be played, then the main video will resume from the point they scrubbed to i.e. the 50 minute point.

Previously you gave me a suggestion to set AdSchedulerPlugin.InterruptScrub = false which prevent adverts from interrupting user scrubbing the timeline, however in order to get to the desired 50 minute point, they still have to sit through each un-played scheduled mid-roll. and re-scrub when each mid-roll completes

Would it be possible to ask for this to be considered as a feature request please?
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I have good news for you :) there's another property you can set to control this called SeekToAdPosition. Just set this to false.
<ads:AdSchedulerPlugin InterruptScrub="False" SeekToAdPosition="False">
Feb 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Your a good man Tim!