Frame by frame seeking WP8

Topics: Windows Phone 8
Sep 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM
In WP7 MediaElement allowed me to seek a frame forward or backward when the MediaElement is paused. Unfortunately in WP8 that isn't so.
So I have come to this Player Framework and hoped it could fulfill my needs.
Here the Property SeekWhileScrubbing convinced me to give it a try. I tested the player, but with SeekWhileSrubbing enabled it also doesn't work porperly to set the Position property. For me it looks like the player decides randomly if it updates the frame displayed or not. I have also tried LivePosition Property and after that the SeekToLive() method but it also doesn't fix my issue.

Have I forgotten somthing because also if I change the timeline position in pause state it doesn't update the frame?
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Yes, I see the same behavior. Please note that the player framework uses the MediaElement internally so if the MediaElement doesn't support this, the player framework won't either unfortunately. On the flip side, if you can find a way to make this work in the MediaElement, we should also be able to support this in the player framework.

I would suggest posting the question about the change in MediaElement behavior on the MSDN forum for WP to make sure the right folks are aware of this. Maybe they can also offer an explanation or workaround.
Sep 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I have posted my question here.