MPEG-DASH causes first-chance exception in Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll

Topics: Windows 8 Xaml, Windows Phone 8
Aug 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Hi guys,

I am using Windows 8.1/VS 2013 Update 2/Player Framework v2.0 source from universal branch.

I built the Player Framework source with the Microsoft.PlayerFramework.Universal.Xaml.sln using x64/Debug. When I start debugging with the sample (Microsoft.PlayerFramework.Samples.Windows.csproj) in the Simulator by clicking the "MPEG-DASH streaming video", it threw the following exception:

First-chance exception at 0x00007FF89D0F0C29 (Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll) in Microsoft.PlayerFramework.Samples.Store.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

If I just start without debugging with the simulator and click the "MPEG-DASH streaming video", no video showed up and the Player Framework just iconified.

I also tried to play MPEG-DASH using the sample code from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/flecoqui/archive/2014/05/28/building-audio-video-applications-based-on-player-framework-v2-0-for-windows-phone-8-windows-8-1-and-windows-phone-8-1.aspx and built with an installed Player Framework v2.0. The same error occurred.

Am I missing something in my setup or is it a known issue?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM
This appears to be an issue with the latest version of the Smooth Streaming SDK. I've notified the smooth SDK team and they are looking into it. Older versions of the Smooth SDK should work fine.